Bangapi International Age Groups Open 2018 1st to 10th April 2018, Chiangmai Thailand
The Bangapi Chess Club, under the auspices of Thailand Chess Association (TCA) have the honour to officially invite all Asian national chess federations to participate in the Bangapi International Age Groups Open 2018, which will be held in Chiangmai, Thailand. This event will be held from 31st March (arrival) to 10th April (departure)
1. Age eligibility of participants according to table below:
Under 6 Born on or after 1st January 2012
Over 50 Reached 50 or above during 2018
Over 65 Reached 65 or above during 2018
2. Every FIDE national chess federation can register as many players in each category.
3. All persons, besides the players, shall be classified as Accompanying Persons. A federation may register any number of Players and Accompanying Persons but only upon confirmation of availability by the Organizing Committee (OC). The National Federation shall be responsible for the costs of their Players and Accompanying Persons.
Registration and Travel
1. Each participant must pay registration fee of USD125 to the OC before 25th February 2018 – the Registration deadline. This registration fee is compulsory and represents a confirmation of participation and includes accreditation and transportation from and to Chiangmai International airport.
2. After the Registration deadline, the organizer reserves the right to refuse late registration or accepting with penalty charge of USD100 for each registration.
3. Registration form must be filled by National Federation officials and delivered to the OC before registration deadline.
4. All the travel expenses must be paid by the participants or their Federation. Only member federations of FIDE are entitled to submit registration forms. However, individual applications may be accepted at the discretion of the OC.
5. For security and organizational reasons and in accordance with FIDE tournament regulations all national delegations shall use the official hotel(s) designated by the OC.
Information about Visas
1. Those who need visas must submit their data the latest on 1st February 2018.
2. The OC will issue invitations only after all the pre-payments are made.
3. The OC shall provide service to issue visa at airport with additional charge on request. 50 USD/person
Financial Regulations & Payments
1. Entry Fee for official players is USD75. After the deadline of 25th February 2018, the surcharge for late entries shall be USD125 where applicable.
50% prepayment of the cost for board and lodging must be paid before the deadline of 25th February 2018.
All Bank Transfers (free of bank charges to our federation) are to be made in USD to:-
Beneficiary Bank : CIMB THAI
Bank Address : Ekkamai Power Center Branch 78/2 Soi Sukhumvit 63 Prakanong Nua Wattana Bangkok 10110
Beneficiary Name : SAHAPOL NAKVANICH (BANGAPI CHESS CLUB)
Bank Account Number : 70-0980188-9
SWIFT CODE : UBOBTHBK
2. Each National Federation will be invoiced by the TCA. When payments are confirmed, the OC will send to the participating federation the confirmation of the hotel reservations. All confirmed registrations would be declared on the official web site, where Federations may check their participants’ status on a daily basis.
3. All payments must be finalized upon arrival. Players will not be paired until all payments and fees are cleared.
Venue & Hotel – Board & Lodging
1. The Official Hotel of the event is the Lotus Pang Suan Kaew, (four stars) which is about 20 minutes from the international airport.
2. The Official Venue of the event is the Lotus Pang Suan Kaew, which is in the official hotel. If there is increased demand or late registrations accepted, the OC will offer additional hotels of similar quality.
3. Players are offered full board accommodation from 31st March (arrival, lunch) to 10th April (breakfast, departure). Note: any additional dates will be charged at full rate of the hotel subject to availability. Hotel Rates (with all meals) for players and accompanying persons:
Standard USD75 p/p full board USD150 p/p full board
Superior USD85 p/p full board USD170 p/p full board
Business USD120 p/p full board USD240 /p/p full board
Early bookings are advised as the hotels are expected to be filled by the participants of the Asian Youth Chess Championships.
1. The tournament will be played using the Swiss System with 9 rounds.
2. The rate of play will be: 90 minutes for the whole game with an increment of 30 seconds per move starting from move one.
2.1.a. Time Control for Blitz 3m +2s and 11 rounds
2.2.b. Time Control for Rapid Play 15m +10s and 7 Rounds
3. Tiebreak: The final ranking order of players is determined by the number of points scored. The tiebreak shall be decided as in accordance to the following:
a/ Direct Encounter,
b/ The greater number of wins
d/ Buchholz Cut 1, Cut 2, etc
In case the above still does not produce a decision, the players remaining tied will be proclaimed joint winners.
<td=”text-align: left;”>Technical Meeting
|Saturday, 31st March||After 14:00||Arrival|
|Sunday, 1st April||10:00||Opening Ceremony|
|Monday, 2nd April||9:00||Round 1|
|Tuesday, 3rd April||15:00||Round 3|
|Wednesday, 4th April||9:00||Round 4|
|Thursday, 5th April||15:00||Round 6|
|Friday, 6th April||15:00||Round 7|
|Saturday, 7th April||15:00||Round 8|
|Sunday, 8th April||15:00||Blitz Championships 19:00 Cultural Night & Prize-giving for Rapid and Blitz|
|Monday, 9th April||15:00||Round 9|
|20:30||Closing Ceremony & Prize-giving|
|Tuesday 10th April||before 12:00 noon||Departure|
1. Top 10 players in each event will be awarded: first three places Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and Trophies. 4th to 10th places will be awarded medals and special prizes.
2. Certificates of Participation shall be given to all players, FIDE accredited trainers, Managers, and the appointed Technical Officials.
1. The Appeals Committee shall be the same, as appointed at the Asian Youth Chess Championships.
2. A protest against the decision of an Arbiter or the Chief Arbiter must be submitted to the AC in writing within one hour after the end of the playing session with protest fee of USD300.
3. The AC may also decide to refund the fee if it considers the appeal has merit. The decision of the Appeals Committee is final, binding and takes effect immediately.
Official web address:
Contact: email: firstname.lastname@example.org