The Thailand Chess Association in cooperation with the Bangapi Chess Club and under the auspices of the Asian Chess Federation and FIDE have the honor to officially invite all Asian national chess federations to participate in the 2018 Asian Youth Chess Championship and Asian Youth Rapid and Blitz Championships, which will be held 31st March (arrival) to 10th April (departure)in Chiangmai, Thailand.
1. Entitled player must not have reached his/her birthday, respectively, before January 1st, 2018:
|Under 8:||Born on or after 1st January 2010||Under 14:||Born on or after 1st January 2004|
|Under 10:||Born on or after 1st January 2008||Under 16:||Born on or after 1st January 2002|
|Under 12:||Born on or after 1st January 2006||Under 18:||Born on or after 1st January 2000|
2. Every Asian National Chess Federation can register one official player in each category (under 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 & 18 years old, Open and Girls) totaling a maximum of 12 invited players. No replacement from other categories can be made in case there is no official player in one category. Other than Official Players, players shall be classified as Additional Players.
3. All persons, other than players, shall be classified as Accompanying Persons. A federation may register any number of Additional Players and Accompanying Persons. The National Federation shall be responsible for the costs of their Additional Players and Accompanying Persons.
4. The players placed 1-3 in the in the categories under 8 - 18 of 2017 AYCC shall be Official Players and have the personal right to participate in the Championship of the corresponding age-category or a higher age-category if the stipulation of Art. 1 is met. This privilege may be exercised once exclusively in the subsequent year following the year of qualification. This privilege shall be optional for organizers next year.
Registration and Travel
5.Each participant (official or additional player and accompanying person) must pay registration fee of USD125 to the OC before 25th February 2018 - the Registration deadline. This registration fee is compulsory and represents a confirmation of participation and includes accreditation and transportation from and to Chiangmai International airport.
6. After the Registration deadline no official players will be accepted and their application will be treated as additional players. The organizers reserve the right to refuse late registration or accepting with penalty charge of USD50 for each late registration.
7. The Registration form must be filled by National Federation officials and delivered to the OC before the registration deadline. 8. All the travel expenses must be paid by the participants or their Federation. Only member federations of ACF are entitled to submit registration forms. Individual applications will not be accepted. 9. For security and organizational reasons and in accordance with FIDE tournament regulations all national delegations shall use the official hotel(s) designated by the OC.
Information about Visas
10. Those who need visas must submit their data the latest on 1st February 2018.
11. The OC will issue invitations only after all the pre-payments are made.
12. The OC shall provide service to issue visa on arrival at airport with additional charge on request at 50 USD/person
Financial Regulations & Payments
13. The entry Fee for official players is USD75 and for additional players USD150. After the deadline of 25st February 2018, a ;ate registration fee of $50 shall be applied.
14. Fifty percent (50%) prepayment of the cost for board and lodging must be paid before the deadline of 25st February 2018.
15. All Bank Transfers (free of bank charges to our federation) are to be made in USD to:-
Beneficiary Bank : CIMB THAI Bank
Address : Ekkamai Power Center Branch 78/2 Soi Sukhumvit 63 Prakanong Nua Wattana Bangkok 10110 Beneficiary
Name : SAHAPOL NAKVANICH (BANGAPI CHESS CLUB)
Bank Account Number : 70-0980188-9 SWIFT CODE : UBOBTHBK
16. Each National Federation will be invoiced by the TCA. When payments are confirmed, the OC will send to the participating federation the confirmation of the hotel reservations. All confirmed registrations would be declared on the official web site, where Federations may check their participants' status on a daily basis.
17. All payments must be finalized upon arrival. Players will not be paired until all payments and fees are cleared.
Venue & Hotel – Board & Lodging
18. The Official Hotel of the event is the Lotus Pang Suan Kaew, (four stars) which is about 20 minutes from the international airport.
19. The Official Venue of the event is the Lotus Pang Suan Kaew, which is in the official hotel. If there is increased demand or late registrations accepted, the OC will offer additional hotels of similar quality.
20. Official players and one Head of Delegation are offered full board accommodation from 31st March (arrival, lunch) to 10th April (breakfast, departure). Note: any additional dates will be charged at full rate of the hotel subject to availability. Hotel Rates for additional players and accompanying persons:
|Standard||USD75 p/p full board||USD150 p/p full board|
|Superior||USD85 p/p full board||USD170 p/p full board|
|Business||USD120 p/p full board||USD240 /p/p full board|
Each delegation shall distribute their delegation in an equal proportion of double and triple rooms. If needed, the final distribution of hotel rooms is decided by the Organizing Committee.
21. The tournament will be played using the Swiss System with 9 rounds. (Where there are not enough players, the organizers have the right to merge sections according to FIDE regulations to qualify for direct titles)
22. The rate of play will be: 90 minutes for the whole game with an increment of 30 seconds per move starting from move one. a. Time Control for Blitz 3m +2s and 9 rounds b. Time Control for Rapid Play 15m +5s and 7 Rounds
23. Tiebreak: The final ranking order of players is determined by the number of points scored. The tiebreak shall be decided as in accordance to the following: a. Direct Encounter, b. The greater number of wins c. Buchholz Cut 1, then Cut 2 d. Buchholz e. Sonnenborn Berger System
24. The Asian Chess Federation President will - after consultation with the organizing federation - nominate the Technical Delegate and Chief Arbiter, as well as the necessary assistant arbiters and other officials.
|Saturday, 31st March||After 14:00 21:00||Arrival Technical Meeting|
|Sunday, 1st April||10:00 10:30||Opening Ceremony Rapid Championship|
|Monday, 2nd April||9:00 15:00||Round 1 Round 2|
Tuesday, 3rd April 15:00 Round 3
|Wednesday, 4th April||9:00 15:00||Round 4 Round 5|
|Thursday, 5th April||15:00||Round 6|
|Friday, 6th April||15:00||Round 7|
|Saturday, 7th April||15:00||Round 8|
|Sunday, 8th April||15:00 19:00||Blitz Championships Cultural Night & Prize-giving for Rapid and Blitz|
|Monday, 9th April||15:00 20:30||Round 9 Closing Ceremony & Prize-giving|
|Tuesday 10th April||before 12:00 noon||Departure|
25. The top ten players in each event will be awarded: first three places Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and Trophies. 4th to 10th places will be awarded medals and special prizes.
26. Three best Federations, by ranking of medals collected in all categories, will receive a trophy. For first place the number of gold medals will be taken into consideration. If there is a tie, then the number of silver medals, and if there is still a tie, then the number of bronze medals. If finally this is still equal, then the total number of medal winners.
27. The champions of AYCC-2018 shall have the personal right to participate in the World Youth Championship of the corresponding age-category or a higher age-category if the stipulation of Art. 1 is met. This privilege may be exercised once exclusively in the subsequent year following the year of qualification.
28. Certificates of Participation shall be given to all players, FIDE accredited trainers, Managers, and the appointed Technical Officials.
29. Gold medalists of U18 categories shall be awarded the title of International Master (IM) / Woman International Master (WIM). 1st equal player shall get IM norm. The Silver & Bronze Medal winners shall be awarded the FIDE Master (FM) / Woman FIDE Master (WFM) title.
30. Gold medalists of U16 category shall be awarded the title of FM / WFM and an IM/WIM norm. 1st equal player will get FM/WFM title. The Silver & Bronze Medal winners shall be awarded the Candidate Master (CM) / Woman Candidate Master (WCM) title.
31. Gold medalists of U12 & U14 categories shall be awarded the title of FM / WFM. The Silver & Bronze Medal winners shall be awarded the CM / WCM title.
32. Gold, Silver & Bronze Medal winners of the U8 & U10 categories shall be awarded the CM/WCM title. 33. For a direct title to be awarded immediately an applicant has to have achieved at some time or other a minimum rating as follows: IM 2200, WIM 2000, FM 2100, WFM 1900, CM 2000, WCM 1800
Appeals Committee and Technical Delegate
34. The Chairman of the Appeals Committee and Technical Delegate shall be nominated by the Continental President in consultation with the organizing federation. The Committee shall be composed of three members and two reserves, all from different Federations, chosen from among the representatives of national federations present. No member shall take part in a decision affecting a player of his own federation. (unless both parties are from the same federation).
35. A protest against the decision of an Arbiter or the Chief Arbiter must be submitted to the Appeals Committee Chairman in writing within one hour after the end of the playing session with protest fee of USD250.
36. The Appeals Committee may also decide to refund the fee if it considers the appeal has merit. The decision of the Appeals Committee is final, binding and takes effect immediately.
37. Rapid and Blitz Championship regulations will be published on official website.
38. All Players are obliged to wear uniforms that represent their national federation and/or the national flag. Shorts and slippers, sun glasses, sport caps and revealing attire are not allowed. Award winners should follow the dress code at the closing ceremony.
Sahapol Nakvanich, Secretary General, Thailand Chess Association Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +66-93-7878-232